The information is only released to the employer who obtained the consent. PDS maintains strict policies and procedures in all aspects of its operation to protect the privacy of consumers.
Additional Privacy Information
1. We do not collect any personally identifiable information (PII) through this web site from consumers. The only data collected or maintained though this web site is from businesses that choose to do business with PDS.
2. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
3. This website takes every precaution to protect the information pf our users. When users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and off-line.
When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and/or social security numbers), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just 'surfing'.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage.
4. In addition, all data is collected, stored, and used in compliance with all applicable law, including the European Union (EU) Data Protection Directive, and PDS through its affiliate, Employment Screening Resources (ESR) -- www.esrcheck.com -- is in the process of applying for a "Safe Harbor" certification.
5. All information about consumers stays within the United Sates in order to be under the protection of U.S. Privacy laws. The only exception is information that is necessary to conduct international searches for those employers who have received permission from applicants to access information about employment, education, credentials, or criminal records outside of the United States. In those situations, only the data needed to obtain the information leaves the United States.
If you have any questions about the security at the PDS website, you can send an email to email@example.com.